Cookies are small text files that contain packets of information that are stored on your computer or on your mobile device every time you visit a website through a browser. At each subsequent visit the browser will send these cookies to the website that originated them or to another website. Cookies allow websites to remember certain information which allow you to surf online, simply and fast.
There are two main types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are deleted from your computer automatically when you close your browser, whereas persistent cookies remain stored on your computer unless they are disposed of or reach their expiration date.
In case you want to block cookies please note that this could have a negative impact on the usability of this and other websites.
Most browsers allow you to reject / accept cookies. Below we present some practical information to disable cookies on the browser you are using.
- Open Firefox
- Press the „Alt“ key.
- In the toolbar at the top of your browser, select „Tools“ and then „Options“.
- Then select the „Privacy“ tab.
- Go to „Settings History,“ and then „Use custom settings“. Uncheck „Accept cookies from sites“ and save your preferences.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on the „Tools“ then „Internet Options“.
- Select the „Privacy“ tab and move the slider to the level of privacy you want to set (up to block all cookies or down to allow it all).
- Then click on OK.
- Open Google Chrome.
- Click on the spanner icon in the top right of the browser
- Click on „Options“
- Click on „Under the Bonnet“ (UK) / „Under the Hood“ (US)
- Click on the „Content settings“ button in the Privacy section
- Ensure that „Allow local data to be set“ is selected
- Select „Block sites from setting any data“
- Open Safari.
- Go to the Safari menu (icon in top right of browser) and select Preferences
- In the popup window that appears, select the Security icon (a padlock)
- Under „Accept Cookies“, select the „Never“ button